This piece was originally a radio console made by the Steinite Radio Company in 1928. It came to us covered in white paint and with significant water damage. The radio components had previously been removed, but the wooden console structure was still intact.
Because this piece has gone through much wear and tear (see the original condition!), we’ve tried to refurbish it as much as possible. The water damage was so extensive that, other than the doors, the original veneers had to be removed and replaced, as well as constructing an entirely new top. Two shelves were added where the original radio equipment sat, as well as finishing it off with a new back. The water damage had seriously damaged the turned legs, leaving behind just a taste of the Spanish style that had inspired it.
Overall the cabinet measures 28" wide x 17" deep x 52" tall. The upper shelf measures 12" tall, the middle shelf 10" tall x 7.5" deep, and the lower wine storage can hold 7 standard wine bottles.
The doors have the original walnut veneer, while the exterior sides and top have a new walnut veneer, and all wood has an oil finish topped with clear beeswax. All details are oil painted by hand.
The interior of the cabinet has a high gloss, black oil enamel paint, and the new back is covered in a vintage plaid fabric.
The door hinges were replaced, allowing them to swing 270 degrees and sit flat against the cabinet. The original brass door pulls were stripped and polished. Sturdy brass wheels could also be added to each leg, raising the height 1-2 inches. Contact for details.
You can also find more info at www.reclaimmend.com
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).