The value of this portfolio collection, consisting of fourteen fine quality “Rusticus” lithographic prints of Michelangelo’s original drawings, lies in their remarkable resemblance in quality and appearance to the Master’s originals. The prints are so well rendered that the Michelangelo Buonarroti Museum in Florence exhibits the portfolio replicas to the public, instead of the precious and extremely fragile originals. Six prints out of the portfolio emanate from that museum. Others in the portfolio are on display within the Louvre, the British Museum and the Metropolitan, among others.
The prints were reproduced in a very sophisticated process by a well-respected and renowned lithographer, Mr. Amilcare Pizzi. His process began by obtaining permission from the involved world museums, then creating a plate through an exact lithography and then making the final exactly scaled prints utilizing paper called rusticus, very similar in appearance and quality to the actual old parchment originals.
This portfolio was originally produced and distributed in a limited edition through the former Italian mail order catalogue company, ICIM & PBS There are 12 plates of dimensions 12 1/4 by 17 inches and 2 plates of 17 by 24 1/2, all sepia toned and enclosed in an elegantly embossed Portfolio. Well-known art historian Mario Monteverdi has written an eight-page text. The portfolio is a fitting tribute in its execution and beauty to Michelangelo’s great draughtsmanship. It is as painstakingly close to the priceless originals as possible.
This limited, and no longer produced, collection is now owned by an art dealer, who brought the collection to New York City, where they are currently housed and ready for immediate distribution. They would enhance any home, office or work environment and are also an artistic investment of some merit.
All reproductions are on 17" by 12 1/4" paper except VII and XII which are on 25 1/2" by 17" paper. The reproductions are all to original scale except XII. Dimensions are for the actual image.
Authentication statement available upon request. Discount for the sale of the entire collection or multiple sets.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).