Charming large handmade modernist vase
- one-of-a-kind handcrafted studio vase w/ adorable child-inspired art work & brush strokes
- bright bold colors & simplistic sea images bring a smile to anyone who gazes upon it!!
- depicts large orange goldfish swimming in the ocean blue amongst tall sea grass
- interior is glazed a sunny yellow w/ raised ridge line spiraling downward from top to bottom
- in very good condition — signed edip gilyi – hand made – turkiye 1965 f.S (?) underneath
- there’s a small mfr depression (dimple) on top outward facing rim edge, but is hardly noticeable
- no nicks, chips, breaks, fleabites, or other detracting damage/ flaws/ issues
- measures approx 7 1/2" high x 6" diameter at opening — substantial size to use as featured vase or special planter
- looks beautiful alone as a statement piece, or grouped collectively w/ other modernist european or american pottery
- pictures are part of the description, so please review carefully & use enlarge feature to view items up-close & see details
Note: the items we deal in are primarily vintage by nature and in as-found condition, and thus commonly have the type of wear that you would associate with a pre-owned piece that has seen typical use over the years commiserate with its age — including, but not limited to, light scratching, scuffing, rubbing, etc. We endeavor to include any major issues in the description, but such conditions should be presumed unless otherwise noted and/or described as “new”. Also, please take into consideration that sometimes items appears nicer and larger in photographs, so please carefully review the condition reports (description + pics) and measurements before bidding. We are not experts, but do our best to accurately represent and describe all items we sell. We encourage you to email us with any questions or concerns at any time. All of our items are kept in a smoke free environment; however, we cannot attest to the conditions they were exposed to prior to our receipt. Thank you!