I like to call this armoire “The Monolith.” The song “Thus Spake Zarathustra” will start playing in your head as soon as you come within its presence. Fans of the film 2001: A Space Odyssey will know what I mean. :)
This very, very dark brown (almost black) armoire is in two pieces: the eight drawer set on the bottom and the TV cabinet on top.
The cabinet doors open wide but do not fold back. They could use some adjustment/tightening with a screwdriver.
There is a removeable shelf with space underneath for a blu-ray/dvd player, video game console, etc. There are holes in the back for wires to pass through.
This armoire had two previous owners and was moved four times before it made its way to me. As a consequence of careless movers, there are many small nicks (and a few small gouges) here and there.
Fortunately, this piece is made from solid wood, so these problem areas can be sanded, painted, and sealed by yourself or a professional furniture restorer. Or leave them and call it “character.” :)
Speaking of character, there is a fine craquelure on the surface of the piece. Not sure if this is due to age or by design.
80″ × 26.5″ × 47″
Comes from a smoke-free, child-free, pet-free, pest-free home.
Retailed for approx 2,200 with tax. Or was it 3,300 with tax? The person I bought it from wasn’t sure.
Yours for 300 firm. Cash and carry.
Sorry, but I cannot deliver. You will need two strong people to move the two pieces of this armoire. Note that I am on the third floor of a walkup.
No flakes, lowballers or scammers please!
Thanks for looking! :)
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).