SALE OR TRADE
Truly iconic and extraordinary piece of 1960’s design up for sale or trade. This is the pinnacle of space-age mid-century modernism. Olivier Mourgue Djinn chair and ottoman manufactured by now defunct Airborne International of France.
Made famous by Stanley Kubrick’s film 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Chartreuse Olivier Mourgue Djinn chair and ottoman manufactured by Airborne International circa 1965
26.5"H x 27"W x 31"D Seat height: 14"
16"H x 28"W x 24"D
All original Olivier Mourgue Djinn chair and ottoman. Chartreuse knit fabric, original hardware and glides intact and in good condition. I have owned the set for 5 years and while in my possession have been in a smoke-free and pet-free environment. Aside from dusting (light vacuuming), I have made no attempt to clean or repair the fabric. “Chartreuse” is an accurate description of the color, it is nearly neon yellow green.
They need to be reupholstered (new covers). I have been using as is and it presents okay. As you can see in the photos there is soiling, water stains, snags and sagging of the fabric. I kept meaning to have new covers made, but decided to downsize my collection. Which means that if you decide to have it recovered, you get to choose your favorite color and fabric!
There is no ugly. Frame is solid and structurally sound. Foam is soft, pliable, intact, and very useable. There is a lot of life left.
The chair is located just north of Downtown Los Angeles, California. Zip code 90012.
Feel free to email me with any questions!
Additional photos on request.
PLEASE LEAVE A PHONE NUMBER TO AVOID SPAM!
Many thanks for looking!
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).