I have four striking, beautiful, and modern chandeliers for sale. These would be ideal for a hip, contemporary business or for an open-concept loft space with ceilings 14 feet tall or higher.
They are reminiscent of Jonathan Adler’s Meurice Chandelier but on a much larger scale.
I acquired these chandeliers from the Olathe Public Library, located near Kansas City. They were suspended from a high ceiling with cables since the late 1970s. I do now know the manufacturer of the chandeliers. They have a brash finish but are probably made from aluminum. They’re also pretty heavy. It’s hard to tell how much they weigh, but I’d imagine they’re 60 to 100 pounds each. Cables not included.
I have three of the honeycomb style chandeliers and one of the rectangular type. Each is priced at $300, and I’m certainly open to negotiation if you want to buy more than one.
Here’s some specs on the honeycomb style: It is a hexagon comprised of seven smaller hexagons from within—one at center and six surrounding the center. These are all symmetrical. Each link of the smaller hexagon is 12 inches long or 22 inches wide/long at its farthest distance. Overall, the chandelier is 76 inches long and 76 inches wide at its farthest distance. The individual light pegs are 5 inches long. There are 60 light sockets in total.
The rectangular chandelier has the same measurements for its hexagonal design. But with this one, it has five hexagons on one side, then a 12 inch length, and then five more hexagons. Overall, this chandelier is 96 inches long, and again with 60 light bulbs.
I have not tested these lights out one by one. To my knowledge, the sockets all work and illuminate, but I am selling these as-is in case I’m wrong. As you can see in the pictures, there are some light bulbs that are not working, but I think that’s just because they burned out and the chandelier was placed too high for maintenance staff to change light bulbs on a regular basis.
This is about all I know on the chandeliers. They are really striking and beautiful and, though probably form the late 1970s, would be a lovely fit in a host of homes and décors. In excellent shape. I do have some globe bulbs left over and will include them if they’re still available.
Again, $300 each.
Paypal or Cash Only.
Local Pick-up Only.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).