Posted from Krrb It via the Krrb it button.
This is only the fourth of this poster I’ve acquired in my years of specializing in French vintage school posters. It’s a beauty and I hesitate to sell it, but sell it I must!
Illustrated by Hélène Poirié in the 1950’s. Her series of posters were called elocution posters and helped very young French students develop their communication skills. The maitresse would call upon the children to explain what was happening in the portrayals.
So they are chock full of wonderful detail. And luckily for us, it is all very mid century period details. I have more in this series, both posted online and some not yet – feel free to write me if you are interested in some fabulous summer scenes by Poirié.
The Poirié signature is on the bottom right.
This particular poster is one of the very best of the series – a depiction of the 15th arrondissement of Paris.
In good vintage shape. There is a small very un-noticeable slit near the top. Light fold line in the middle.
On a metal hang rod with hook and can hang as is. If you’d like to remove the rod – super simple, just run an exacto knife along edge.
about 21″ × 27″
If you want to come to France to find treasures like these, join me on the ultimate vintage buying tour! Info at leTrip.org. Fan me on Facebook at Le Trip France.
To read my blog about vintage buying and life in France go to LeTrip.org/blog/If you like this and the kind of items I have in my Etsy store, you can come over to France and find some yourself. Join me for vintage buying tours in Paris and in Provence. You’ll find treasures at prices so low they can pay for your trip over! Blog at Jill Mitchell’s LeTrip.org to show you avant-premiers of items as they are put on auction, and some of my buying secrets and tips revealed, info about absinthe tastings and winetastings, women-only tours, as well.
Stay tuned for lots more interesting objets as I continue my treausure hunts in Provence. In the meantime, see my website at
Jill Mitchell’s Le Trip.
Have any questions?Contact the shop owner.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).