This toy positively sends us! Made in 1956 by Fisher Price, there are so many sweet features that will delight all who behold it! Very colorful wooden toy that makes a rather hilarious “quacking” sound when pulled and the “wings” of the entire family spins and the necks are on springs so they “wobble and bobble” as they roll. Sweet!!
This was obviously well loved by its former owner(s) but the wear and patina just deepens our affection for it. The mother duck is missing her hat – we put a bowler on her for the shoot – and one of the ducklings is missing its “beak” but frankly, the result, reminiscent of Mr. Bill, or The Scream, cracks us up! The original string is missing, we found it with what appears to be a long shoelace and works just fine!
Even though we adore it just the way it is, a word of caution: If you are going to take the missus and her brood out for a stroll, or share the love with a wee one, please note, that because the original hat is missing, the pieces from the body up (neck, head, collar) or not secure and could be a choking hazard and w/o the hat the end of the spring is exposed and sharp. Any child would find this irresistible, so please go over it first. We’ve done no repairs, so it is up to the buyer to judge when it’s sound to be played with.
This would look really great in a nursery, or bookshelf, or…anywhere really. And it works like a dream, but again, please give it the once over before giving it to a wee one!
Approx 6" Tall X 13.5" Long
Please note: Due to the special nature of this event, it may be best to treat this as a preview. If however, you cannot live without this item and are compelled to purchase it at once, your only “delivery option” is to pick the item up at the Vintage Holiday Pop Up on Dec 9 at The Long Room between 12p-5p. Cheers!
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).