For sale is a beautiful early/transitional mid century china cabinet or credenza.
The finish is in white oak which has acquired a warm patina over the years. The cabinet is in the style of early/transitional mid century design but there are no distinguishing marks. There are “oriental” style feet with interlocking ring details as seen in the pictures and it has three little drawers that were used for silverware etc. They can obviously be used for ties or anything else. In the left side of the top, there are two glass shelves and on the right are two sliding glass doors. There are three doors in the bottom and all pulls are original, functioning, and accounted for (same goes for the little drawers). This is an excellent piece that I believe to be from ca. 1942 (due to an upholstery tag in one drawer) as the style of furniture was moving into “pure” mid century modern. This would look great in any mid century/atomic era pad or on the set of Mad Men, for that matter. It has held up great and only has some wear and dings from age.
The cabinet measures 46" wide 61" tall and 16" deep. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to own a beautiful piece of mid century history!
Also, please be advised that the top doesn’t come away from the bottom.
Unit is sold as is and sadly I cannot deliver but this beautiful piece is now priced to move!
Local pickup/cash only.
Thanks for looking!
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).