A real Frank Gehry Hat Trick Side chair by knoll. DWR sells these for $1702 + tax and shipping.
This chair was made in 2002. It has some marks from use as you can see in the photos. I have more photos if the chair i can send.
Overall really good condition that displays nicely.
Frank Gehry once wrote that designing a new chair was like being asked “to find the meaning of life while standing on one foot. It’s like a Talmudic question.” In 1989, when Knoll approached him with that same challenge, the only way Gehry would consider it was if Knoll would set him up in a workshop similar to that of Charles and Ray Eames, which he fondly recalls visiting in his youth. Two years after receiving the Pritzker Prize — “the Nobel of architecture” – the designer released the Gehry Collection (1990) for Knoll. Paying homage to his Canadian roots, he named the pieces after ice hockey terms; the wafer-thin strips of laminated maple are bent, woven and curled into featherweight yet sturdy forms, evoking the simple strength of hockey sticks themselves. Made in U.S.A.
Stamped with the KnollStudio logo, Frank Gehry’s signature and the date of production.
Thermoset adhesive provides structural rigidity without the need for metal connectors, while allowing for ergonomic movement and spring-like comfort.
All wood grains run in the same direction for resilience.
Back of Chair flexes for added comfort.
Accolades include ASID Award, ROSCO Award, ID Magazine Gold Award, ICFE Award for Excellence, IBD Silver, Prince Takamatsu World Culture Award and Time Magazine Best Design of the Year (all 1992).
Hard white maple veneers in 2"-wide, 1/34"-thick strips laminated to 5- or 7-ply thickness with high-bonding urea glue, clear plastic glides with matte frost finish.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).