Fab 1960s-1970s sconce pair! Fanned leaf design, stylized acanthus buds with bloom spikes. Hand-applied gilding, velvet candle sleeves in color choice. Rewire included.
Fanned, stylized leaves reminiscent of cattail leaves form the basic design of these wonderful vintage modern sconces. Leaf fans are topped by acanthus leaf pods with unusual stylized bloom spikes. Hand-applied gilding is faux-distressed for a wonderful, textural effect.
Manufactured by Peerless Electric Merchandising Co, labels are still intact. These great sconces were found with only three of their original red velvet candle covers which, alas, were in very poor condition. I have held on to these beauties for quite some time as I waited patiently for just the right candle covers to come along. Patience really is a virtue! I am delighted to offer the new owners of these sconces your choice of peacock blue or 1970s green velvet candle covers, new vintage stock sourced from Spain! If you prefer something more subtle, just let me know.
LOVE the lamp but don’t live in the Dallas area? No problem! I am happy to ship worldwide following online payment via PayPal.
My Vintage Modern Gilded Acanthus Sconce Pair is looking for a new home to illuminate. Might it yours?
As always, thanks for stopping by!
Very good – excellent structural and surface condition.
Rear of sconces bear some pale blue paint, as though once hung on before paint was dry.
Wiring is old and has been clipped short. Rewire necessary – included in purchase price.
Sconces will be rewired for hard wire installation by an electrician onto your wall.
Lamp: 26.5 in High x 12 in Wide x 4.5 in Deep
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).