This is an original acrylic painting of a pink rose floating on a blue surface. It is painted on a wood panel that I built completely from a piece of plywood I bought from the hardware store. I am a full time studio artist based out of Rochester, NY and my favorite method of making my art is by starting from the very beginning with raw materials like plywood, pine boards, canvas on a roll, and then building my own supports for the painting I have in mind. I work directly from life, my imagination or from photos that I have taken myself. This painting’s rose was given to one of my roommates and she happened to leave it in the kitchen.
A Rose Is
12 × 12 inches / 30 × 30 cm
Acrylic on wood panel
Rina Miriam Drescher
From the series Dear Gertrude Stein. Gertrude Stein’s famous quote “A rose is a rose is a rose” has often been interpreted to mean things are what they are.
This wood canvas was 100% built by me, by hand (using hand tools). This work is signed on the back & ready to hang!
This painting was exhibited in the exhibition Poems We Didn’t Write, The Blue Guitar Gallery, Easthampton, MA, USA April 11 – 30 2009
Copyright © Rina Miriam Drescher 2007
(Copyright does not transfer with purchase.)
Please keep in mind colors might vary by computer monitor. This listing is for 1 A Rose Is original painting.
If you have chosen to purchase this please contact me via the “contact seller” button on this Krrb website and let me know. I only accept payment in cash for the artwork listed here. My business partner and I will arrange to meet you at either Java’s or Spot Coffee on East Ave.
♡Bio: Rina Miriam Drescher is a Finnish-American artist living and working in The Neighborhood Of The Arts District, Rochester, NY USA. Rina has been making, exhibiting, and selling original paintings and drawings since 1998. Rina holds a BA degree in Studio Art as well as a BA degree in English from the University of Rochester. She also holds a certificate in Painting and Drawing from Vapaa Taidekoulu / The Free Art School, Helsinki, Finland and received a grant to attend the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Rina then moved from Finland to the US to attend SMFA, worked as a Gallery Assistant in the SMFA Gallery and took Art History courses at Tufts University. Rina is currently pursuing a Masters in the field of Visual Arts Education. Rina specializes in portraits and large abstract paintings. Rina embraces an intuitive method when creating her artwork. She likes to make artwork of all different sizes and shapes. She is featured on the cover of Lake Affect Magazine, Vol 43. Her work has been collected and exhibited internationally since 2004. ♡
♥ Thank you! ♥
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “report as inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).