Attributed to Cristal Lupi Luxor (Antonio Lupi):
Vintage beveled Italian rectangular glass mirror with radiused corners attributed to Cristal Lupi Luxor founded by Antonio Lupi.
The main glass plate is mounted on a second, deep blue glass frame and both the mirror and
surround are in wonderful original condition, which adds to the authenticity of the piece.
There is a deep bevel to both the main plate and the glass frame, and in different lights this shows the blue glass in varied shades which beautifully illuminates the edge of the main mirror glass especially when the lights are on. A heavy piece of great quality, which would work very well in a contemporary bathroom, bedroom, foyer, etc.
A little history on the maker:
The late Antonio Lupi’s career started in the 1950s and the company is still thriving today. His original business involved working sheets of glass for furnishings in the industrial area of the Val D’Arno.
Glass accessories became a huge success and realising he had started an important trend he immediately changed his direction in production towards artistic mirrors, lamps, sconces and shelves. High level production imposed Lupi on the market and the current establishment emerged in 1969.
Further historic information and interesting photos of the factory and family can be found by visiting this link.
Period: Mid-20th Century
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).