This trunk is made of sheet steel or tin or some other lightweight, but tough metal and is in excellent condition. All of the joints are secured by rivets and the sticker on and side indicates that it was used for overseas air cargo. The top, sides, and bottom are reinforced to protect against deformation and to ensure stackability and storability. A set of grooved ridges on the bottom keeps the flat bottom off of the ground and prevent corrosion due to moisture. This piece is undoubtedly designed to take a beating, but it appears barely unscathed in spite of its overseas journeys.
industrial, nautical, aeronautic, aircraft, steampunk, classic, silver, metal, restoration hardware, labchic, science, room and board, room & board, crate & barrel, crate and barrel, pottery barn, mitchell gold + bob williams, mitchell gold and bob williams, mitchell gold & bob williams, mohr & mcpherson, mohr and mcpherson, more and mcfearson, roche bobois, urban outfitters, anthropologie, apartment therapy, design sponge, mid century modern, MCM, eames, retro, 50s, 1950s, 60s, 1960s, 70s, 1970s, antique, vintage, west elm, design within reach, DWR,
A pair of sturdy hinged metal handles are riveted to each side and makes for very easy carrying. Robust hinges hold the top to the body while an interior chain supports lid when open and protects the hinges. A lip around the top edge ensures that the lid closes entirely each time without jamming. A large hasp on the outside accommodates a padlock to protect the interior contents.
This piece would be just as well-suited as industrial equipment as it would as a residential design object. It would fit right in as a coffee table as part of a mid century modern loft aesthetic, while doubling as a storage space for clothing, tools, toys, etc.
35"L x 21"W x 18"T
Free delivery is available around the Boston area.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).