Classic loveseat in chocolate brown Chinoiserie fabric—62" across, English roll arms, tailored cushions, and a classic Chinese scene of fishermen and women with parasols.
I bought this loveseat at a antique store in Charleston, S.C. at the urging of my interior designer. It has served me well as extra seating in my living room and is currently in my bedroom. Great for laying out something to wear or entertaining friends over some wine. I’m trying to find a good home for it as I move into my fiance’s apartment next month.
This loveseat is in fantastic condition—I kept the covers on the arms and you’ll see no wear and tear around the edges. The cushions are bouncy and in good condition as well. They are bolstered by authentic down (a feather will peak out from time to time!).
I happen to think the fabric is great, but this loveseat would make a great piece for reupholstery as well. The chocolate brown fabric is a classic Chinoiserie scene with fishermen, women with parasols, monkeys, jungle foliage and water scenes. You’ll notice in the close-up photo that the fabric also has a geometric overlay that makes for nice contrast and texture.
This would make a great piece for an apartment-sized home that needs seating that is at once comfortable, stylish, classic, and small enough to accommodate limited square footage. It would also be great for a nursery or children’s room!
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).