6 chairs that are replicas of the Cesca armchair in cane and designed by Marcel Breuer. They are currently selling at DWR for $1,350-1,500, new, if produced by Knoll. These are copies in first class condition and cost 500 each in their original state about 12 years ago. Now they are worth half of that, although given the increase in the cost of the original chair made by Knoll, they are worth at least half of the $500. $250 each or best offer. Great looking chairs, super comfortable. One has a center hole but the rest are in perfect condition.The center hole one is free if you buy the other 5. :)
Details on the Cesca Chairs (note these are high end replicas in incredible condition but not the actual Cesca chairs but the specifications are the same);
Marcel Breuer conceived the first tubular steel chair, in 1925, based on the tubed frame of a bicycle. His revolutionary Cesca chair, named after his daughter Francesca, marries user-friendly caning and hardwood Beech with the industrial-age aesthetic of cantilevered tubular steel. Functional, simple and distinctly modern. Knoll is the only authorized and licensed manufacturer of the Cesca chair. Marcel Breuer’s signature and Knoll studio logo are stamped into the base of each chair to verify authenticity.
Protégé of Bauhaus founder Walter Gropius, Marcel Breuer embodied many of the School’s distinctive concepts and was and one of the School’s most famous students. He returned to teach carpentry from 1925-1928, during which he designed the tubular-steel furniture collection. His attention drifted towards architecture, and after practicing privately, he worked as a professor at Harvard’s School of Design under Gropius. Breuer was also honored as the first architect to be the sole artist of an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
armless: 18.5" w | 23.5" d | 31.5" h | seat: 17.75" h
armchair: 23.5" w 23.5" d | 31.5" h | seat: 17.75" h | arm: 27" h
Pick Up Only
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at email@example.com and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).