Brand new schott nyc * pea coat * 740 navy style long mens jacket size 54 : brand new with all the original schott nyc u.S.A. Retail tags. An authentic rugged genuine schott nyc navy pea coat. First issued to the u.S. Navy during wwii , and made exclusively for the u,s. Navy by the renowned schott nyc company , making exceptional quality jackets and coats since 1913. Originally designed to offer wind & chill protection with maximum ease of comfort and movement when out on ships. Faithfully recreated in the same supple, durable wool as the classic pea coat that schott nyc manufactured & supplied to the u.S. Navy. Remarkable craftsmanship and manufactured in soft but extremely durable melton wool for both warmth and wind resistance. It is versatile enough for multi-season, everyday use. Schott nyc is known the world over for their exceptional coats and jackets , you will not find a superior product. It is made in the usa (rare these days) and is constructed with only the best materials and craftsmanship to withstand the nastiest of winter chills.
History of pea coat > the us navy pea coat was adopted during the early 20th century, from britain’s royal navy reefer jacket. The royal navies first regulations for uniforms for other ranks were issued in 1857, a century after the regulations for officers and this garment was originally used by midshipmen ( reefers ). These crewmen had to climb the rigging and furl and unfurl, or ‘reef’, the sails of the sailing ships of the era. The jacket was short, to allow ease of movement through the rigging. It had a double-breasted front, which displaced the buttons to each side. This helped reduce the chance of them getting caught on ropes, as the wearer maneuvered the sails. The pockets were often close to vertical, and over the flanks, rather than horizontal and at wrist level. It was made of a very heavy wool, in dark navy blue, with a nap on the face side. The success of the style is proved by its singularly universal appearance throughout the navies of europe. This may account for the us navies nomenclature as an anglicization of the dutch ‘pijekkat, being a jacket made of ’pij’ (a coarse wool) cloth.
Details : the schott nyc pea coat > classic 32 oz. Melton wool naval peacoat ( double-breasted and double-stitched throughout ), 8 large detailed & embossed naval " anchor " buttons ( double sewn for strength), 2 large soft-lined hand warmer exterior pockets, vented back and pleated nylon padded soft quilted inner lining throughout inner coat and sleeves, 2 large interior breast pockets soft lined in satin nylon. The melton wool shell is 75 percent reprocessed wool, 25 percent nylon and other fibers. The contents are all meticulously interlocked and pressed together before the wool is cut to ensure maximum protection against the elements. Vented bi-swing back for freedom of movement. 35" inch long coat length ( from top edge of collar to bottom tail ) insures added warmth. Sleeve length is : 38 / 40" inches . Schott nyc model / style: 740 n. Coat color: deep dark navy. Exact size: mens size 54 l.
· melton wool shell
· 2 exterior & 2 interior soft lined pockets
· double breasted ( can button from either side )
· 100% quilt padded satin nylon liner ( non-removable )
· vented back
· 8 embossed detailed naval buttons
· extra quality double-stitching throughout
· made in u.S.A.
100% percent full soft melton wool with plush soft nylon satin lining. This rare authentic schott nyc * pea coat * is brand new. Retails for 225 $ with tax , discounted here to 180 $ brand new.
Ready for immediate pickup in mount sinai , port jefferson area. We can also ship priority mail wrapped in bubble-wrap in a heavy duty box ( 26 $ ) to anywhere in the u.S.A. > we also ship internationally to canada and worldwide. Email about quick local pick-up or shipping arrangements , our phone number and our exact location.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).