HAND PICKED FOR FRONT PAGE OF APARTMENT THERAPY
Vintage Branded Signed Monterey Twin Bed Headboard Footboard Extremely Rare Sombrero. Boots And Blanket Original Rails
This was my sons bed when he was a child.
He is now 18 and leaving the nest.
So wonderful and perfect for any spanish style home.
Headboard is 3’ 8" wide by 3’ 4" high
Rancho Monterey furniture or also known as Monterey style furniture was created by Mason Manufacturing Company of Los Angeles in 1929 and marketed by Barker Brothers. The style was rustic, which fit the character of the Spanish Revival Architecture and Rancho style homes. The Monterey line was initiated by an interior decorator, who saw a piece in a movie set and believed that there was a need for a furniture line that accompanied the Spanish or Mission Style homes being built in the area.
Frank and George Mason made the initial design sketches. In late 1929 they started the Monterey furniture line. Twenty four designs were part of the initial run, and this expanded to about 120 different pieces within four years. There were at least three different bedroom sets, six dining room sets, sixteen different upholstery pieces, sixteen end tables, occasional and coffee tables, and four different desks and secretaries. The lumber was chiefly alder from Oregon that was run through multiple drum sanders to ease the edges and provide an antique or rustic look. The pieces were glued and laminated with a hot glue, and then finished or upholstered. The finishes were all oil stained or base-stained with asphaltum and antiqued by paraffin and rotten stone. Many pieces were hand painted after the antiquing and staining process with different colors or floral patterns. Wrought iron straps and pulls provided accent to the pieces, in addition to basic notching that provided some variation. Many of the earlier pieces were marked by a horseshoe brand, visible at the underside of the piece or on the back.
The line was produced until 1943, when Frank Mason (George’s father) died. His partner in the business was not active in the manufacturing process, and handled the shipping and purchasing concerns. The plant was sold in 1945, ending Mason Manufacturing Company forever.
Today, the surviving examples are passionately sought after by many serious collectors.
Available for local pick up. Prefer not to ship, but will at buyers expense.
Payment can be made on etsy…sweetladyjune
or contact me to pay cash
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).