This is a large framed embroidered silk Chinese tapestry composed of two sewn together panels depicting the 8 Chinese Immortals. The embroidery is bright with complex hand stitched detail. Each of the figures is outlined in a golden metallic thread. The entire embroidery is in really great shape with no visible rips or tears. The modern frame is a heavy red lacquer. The piece is framed by a thin black mat.
I purchased this embroidery at Beijing’s original Wenwuguan (or cultural relics shop) before many of the current restrictions on Chinese antiques were in place.
The handling cost includes sturdy safe preparation for shipping.
Please email if you have questions or need additional photos to show the condition of the piece.
If you live in the New York area I can arrange a drop off which would be cheaper than shipping.
The Eight Immortals (Chinese: 八仙; pinyin: Bāxiān; Wade–Giles: Pa-hsien) are a group of legendary xian (“immortals; transcendents; saints”) inChinese mythology. Each Immortal’s power can be transferred to a power tool (法器) that can give life or destroy evil. Together, these eight tools are called “Covert Eight Immortals” (暗八仙 àn ~). Most of them are said to have been born in the Tang Dynasty or Song Dynasty. They are revered by theTaoists, and are also a popular element in the secular Chinese culture. They are said to live on a group of five islands in the Bohai Sea which includesPenglai Mountain-Island.
The Immortals are:
Immortal Woman He (He Xiangu),
Royal Uncle Cao (Cao Guojiu),
Iron-Crutch Li (Tieguai Li),
Lü Dongbin, (leader)
Philosopher Han Xiang (Han Xiang Zi),
Elder Zhang Guo (Zhang Guo Lao), and
Han Zhongli (Zhongli Quan).
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).