I purchased this sofa from an estate sale at a National Geographic photographers house in Encinitas, CA.. It was an original Metropolitan Mid-Century sofa from the 50’s built in San Francisco.. I had it re-done by Lalo Valdes who does all the Sofa’s for Boomarang in San Diego, he’s easily one of the best mid-century upholsters in the country!!. It has all new straps inside, new padding, Teak was re-finished, new foam, new Maharam upholstery you name it.. It’s basically a brand new sofa. I even had the original tag replaced on the new padding under the cushion.
It comes with about 2-3 yards of extra Maharam fabric so you can upholster a small side chair, or extra pillows if you want…
Sofa is 8’ long 33" deep and sits 17" high
I love this sofa, but just came across a new project I"m ready to sink my teeth into. Pay a fraction of the price you would pay from a mid century dealer for this piece.. I’ve seen similar pieces with Maharam fabric ranging from $2200-$4800. It’s a great sofa and they definitely don’t build them like they used to!
mid century, vintage, retro, danish, teak, america, couch, modern, maharam, mid-century, eames, knoll, metropolitan, california modern, sofa,
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).