This unique coffee table is built from reclaimed and re-purposed products. The top and sides are cladded entirely with pallet wood. I grab pallets from time to time and have saved all the best and most interesting wood for this table. Sure, there is some pine and fir in here, but there is also some very interesting exotic wood with some cool colors and grain patterns. Wherever possible, I’ve preserved the nail/fastener holes so the wood retains a bit of its heritage and character. All the wood has been planed to a consistent thickness and then sanded smooth. The top is finished with six coats of a wipe-on furniture poly called Daly’s ProFin
The box that the pallet wood is attached to is built from scrap pieces of plywood and 2×3′s that I found at the local lumber store. The one exception is the piece of plywood that supports the top; I purchased that one as I needed a specific size.
The legs are made from a thick fir Glu-Lam beam that I pulled out of the “burn” pile at a construction site. The legs have been torched and then finished with multiple coats of a water-based eco-friendly poly. The dark look of the legs provide a nice contrast to the lighter tones of the table top.
Dimensions are as follows:
Free delivery and setup assistance in Seattle area.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).