Petite, 1950s lamp with big vintage modern, atomic style. Perfect for many settings! Dimensional structure, surface texture. Rewired. Ready to ship!
Was $110. Now $88!
Small but unique ceramic lamp with loads of style, loads of decorating possibility! Reflecting Mid-Century America’s fascination with outer space and life on other planets, not to mention life FROM other planets, this great little lamp is both organic and other-worldly (think Invasion of the Body Snatchers meets Twilight Zone meets Little Shop of Horrors… ;~p ). Creamy lemon-yellow in color, it sports sculpted organic texture akin to bark as well as applied dimensional splatter texture in off-white.
This great little lamp absolutely qualifies as one of my 101s! I can think of at least that many ways it could be put to great use! Its retro lines, history and aesthetic make it perfect for adults. Opt for a black, brown shade to update it, vintage barkcloth or tiered shade to give it even more 1950s style! Its fun, simple design and bright color would allow it to function brilliantly in a child’s room or the nursery as well! Or, you could keep the white shade (shade included) with or without embellishment. So fun!!
*This little lamp comes with the white shade shown. Please contact me for details if you would like to sub the white shade out or another color (subject to availability), Options for additional custom trim and embellishment available as well (additional fee). Please inquire for details.
Picture this great little lamp:
~Tucked into a shelf in just about any room, anywhere!
~In the modern or retro kitchen on the counter, the desk, or the breakfast bar.
~As a retro welcome home on your entry chest or table.
~As a small, accent lighting for your guest bath.
~In your guest bedroom.
~As lighting to brighten up your stairway landing.
~On your wet- or dry bar.
~At the office, on your desk, credenza.
~In your home office as well!
~As a pop of yellow accent lighting in a tween or teen girl’s decor.
~With a boyish shade or trim in your little boy’s decor.
~As brilliant, retro night lighting in your young child’s room or your baby’s nursery!
My Mid-Century Modern is looking for a new home, where it can let someone’s style shine.
Might it be yours..?
As always, thanks for looking!
~This lamp is in excellent vintage condition. There are no chips, cracks, crazing, or evidence of repairs. There is some brass patina on the neck column.
~ I acquired this lamp without wiring. It was rewired for photos with a standard ivory, vinyl electrical cord and plug, new brass socket / harp saddle. If you like the ivory cord, it is ready to ship immediately! If you prefer a different cord color, rewire is, as always at LVL, complimentary!
Lamp only: 9”H (to bottom of socket) x 8” W x 3 .5”D
Lamp with this shade: 16.5" H x 12" W x 12" D
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).