Dining table, in Southern Yellow Pine: (84" L x 35 1/2" W x 28 1/2" H) for $1950 (not including delivery)
Custom options available: Base finished in all brushed finish, at no extra charge, or $250 adl. charge for powder coating the base parts to your choice of custom color.
Top features gracefully curved edges, radiused corners and a boldly chamfered bottom edge, is handmade from reclaimed Southern Yellow Pine lumber salvaged from Chicago factories and industrial buildings. Hand-rubbed oil finish with protective gel varnish topcoat. There were holes from nails from its first life, that have been professionally filled with tinted resin,and are now a part of a uniformly smooth surface. There are no crumbcatchers on this piece or any like it that I’ve made. This is NOT a rustic table. We can custom fabricate a top that has no nailholes, but there will be an additional charge. We feel that the presence of the nailholes is an honest acknowledgement of the history of this wood, if you see it in person and just don’t like that look, we could fabricate a top for you from new wood, or from narrower reclaimed boards that are nail-hole-free.
Top can be crafted from many other species, as well. Southern Yellow Pine is Not the same wood you might be familiar with (White Pine) as a construction material used in 2×4s, or as the soft white wood found in cheap furniture. Longleaf Southern Yellow Pine has a Janka rating (a scale used to grade the hardness of wood) of 870, higher than mahogany or chestnut. Historically, it was used as a factory floor material for its hardness and durability. Base is a reconditioned Eames Segmented (Universal) table base originally manufactured by Herman Miller, cast aluminum components hand polished to a satin finish, and waxed.
Pick up from our Humboldt Park workshop (freight elevator and loading dock available), or arrange for delivery at additional charge.
Apartment Therapy Classifieds has a messaging system for communicating with other members, allowing you to converse freely without exposing your email address or cluttering your inbox. You can respond to a message by replying to an email notification, via our website or iPhone app.
Use our messaging system for all communications. In case of a dispute where you’d like us to intervene, the message thread serves as a transaction record with all relevant details.
- If you’re interested in a listing, click “Contact Seller” and send a nice note.
- Be clear, honest, kind and prompt throughout the transaction.
- If the seller doesn’t respond, let us know at email@example.com.
- Do not share personal information such as your postal address, phone number or email address until an agreeable deal has been made.
- Learn more about trust and safety.
- For in-person pickup or local delivery, pay in-person.
- Seller is required to give a receipt, if the buyer requests it.
- Only certified members may request online payment.
- For postal shipping, we recommend PayPal.
- Do not share your PayPal email address, request an invoice instead.
- Learn more about acceptable payment methods.
- By default, all listings are for in-person pickup only.
- Only certified members may offer local delivery or postal shipping.
- Agree on a price for delivery, shipping and handling fees.
- For postal shipping, request a tracking number.
- Learn about staying safe during in-person pickups.
- For in-person pickups, sales are final once purchased.
- For shipping and local delivery, ask the seller about their return policy.
- In most cases, a seller will not accept returns for “buyer's remorse”.
- A seller must accept returns if the item is “not as advertised”.
We find that members most often resolve their own issues through direct contact. However, if a resolution cannot be found, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make it our mission to make sure both parties are happy.
In your inbox, you have the ability to rate your experience with a member. The rating must be based on your personal experience with the member while using Krrb. “Member Ratings” are averaged and shown on a member’s corner.
Report as Inappropriate
If you have a general complaint about inappropriate content or activity, please use the “Report as Inappropriate” feature on the website. We will be notified and take immediate action.
Peace of Mind
Your safety and privacy is our top concern. Krrb was carefully crafted to ensure your safety and respect your right to privacy. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, contact us at email@example.com and we will respond ASAP. Or you can call us at +1 646-277-7125 (M-F 9-6pm EST).